Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Our Rachel is Two Now

Rachel Autumn turned 2 this past month.   When she showed up in 2009  I hadn't realized anything was missing here.  I guess what was missing was a little girl because we just love everything about her.  Her brothers,  the neighbors, older women at church,  the dog-  all love her.  She's been growing into a happy,  independent,  talkative,  expressive little girl.   Happy Birthday Rachel Autumn!
I'm really not sure where else to take this post.  Here's a list of random things both that you may not know and I want to remember.
1. The morning that she was born there was the most brilliant harvest moon I have ever seen.  I will not forget it as long as I live.
2. When she was born she screamed the entire time they cleaned her, took her stats and eventually quit when they wrapped her up and were "done."  When they took me to our room Aaron wasn't holding her but watching her in a box thing.  "She's quiet."   After that she was the most peaceful baby ever.  Amen.
3. She has pinky fingers that turn inward,  like her mother and great grandmother.  The boys do too.  All over the house there's little handprints with crooked pinkies. 
4. She's never tired at night..... party girl...  ready for college I guess.
5.  Whoever gets her out of bed in the morning is obligated to hold her for at least 20 minutes.  She's our snuggle bug.
6. She now tells us "no,  no way"
7. When it's time for the last bedtime book she holds up her finger and says, "Just one more,  one more book."
8. She loves to play with her baby dolls.  When she gets upset she goes and gets one to love on.





1 comment:

  1. I don't think it possible for her to be an cuter-she just looks like a doll!!! Happy birthday, Miss Rachel! She is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete