Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Christmas Photo Saga..... was at present frustrating but historically humorous

This past December I busted out the camera,  a hobby I'm into,  and costumed the kids to get some photos and, hopefully,  a Christmas card shot.   Getting three kids in one shot is difficult.  Getting three kids in one shot looking normal is nearly impossible.  Getting three kids in one shot,  looking at the camera with a pleasant look on their face and hands NOT somewhere unnatural or doing something weird is a case for divine intervention.   Looking through my photo archives I see I have more outtakes than successes but I think that's just photography.  I think that's just kids.
Grouped together they're actually kind of funny.  Even to this slightly high strung mom of three cute kids that had a vision in her head.  Here's her hail mary mother of the photo shutter....
Scene wasn't quite what I'd pictured.  The half of a mirror was bad...  Kids cooperative and pleasant looking.  Should have quit while I was ahead!

What a bunch of sweeties.  No,  they're not in a mexican restaurant.  That wall is just mauve like that.  It would be difficult to change and oddly enough a lot of the recent stuff we've acquired works with it.

Nose picking child #1

Nose picking child #2

I thought they'd like this prop....I'll bet Tom is wondering if he keeps shining that light in his ear and opens his mouth,  will light come out?

Really mom?

Not bad except there is supposed to be three...

Thomas about to throw down.  Mom about to throw down too.  At least I wasn't forced into a vest.

no comment

naughty

getting positive reinforcement from brothers for being naughty

change to more natural scenery is helping...

whew.  Ok.  Let's eat lunch!

2 comments:

  1. Oh you will love looking back on these great moments caught by ur camera... I know... My kids are in their 30's and I was just looking at their smiling faces of photos taken (SHOCK) 25-30 years ago!!! But now there's blogs -even better!!! God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahhaha-those are awesome! it was even hard to get our Wright family photo this year and we didn't have any children in it! They are soooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete