Friday, March 12, 2010

Froo Nacks at the Park and the Precipice of Boyhood

It was a warm windy morning here so I decided that after library story time I would take the boys to a park to BURN OFF SOME ENERGY!  I'm sure the library appreciated us leaving: the park idea came to me as I was pulling them down from a windowsill.  They wanted to "see the motorcycles."  Lately,  every sort of bicycle, tricycle and couch arm is a motorcycle.  We went to a park that we hadn't been to in months and somewhere between Tommy climbing up the rope ladder and Ben wanting to climb in the bouncy boat I was reminded of how fast they're growing!  The last time we were there they couldn't climb the rope ladder without help and Ben was not a fan of the bouncy boat.  They're getting so big.  They even look like little boys now.  Not much baby left....  But before I got too ahead of myself  and imagined them going off to college, shaving, using the potty, Tommy needed to be rescued from the tube slide and Ben needed to be saved from the clutches of a little girl.  We weren't at the park too much longer when they started begging for "froo nacks" (fruit snacks).   I guess I have a few years left!
Here's some pictures I got of the little guys doing cute things. 




1 comment:

  1. Great pix and they are getting to be boys instead of babies. :) They look GREAT! :)

    ReplyDelete