Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Six Months Old and Never a Minute to Herself....

I suppose (if babies thought that way) that would be a legitimate complaint for our Rachel.  She was our lone baby but she's hardly ever alone! Before she came I Aaron and I would talk about our one baby; how easier carrying one was, how much less stuff we needed, we worried if she would  feel left out next the twindome that runs amok in this house.  We thought about all sorts of things that related to her singleness.  Having twins as our first "baby" gave us a different perspective than "other" parents.    Tommy and Ben have rarely been apart and they've never been alone.  When Rachel was born it felt weird to us to have just one baby,  we worried about her being lonely in her bassinet. We moved her to her crib and room months later than we did the boys.  But as you can see from the pictures below she's rarely (two naps and a 11 hour night to be exact) by herself.  The boys love her and are ALWAYS bothering her.  "Hi Baby!"  is what we hear frequently and recently, Ben (our child who repeats everything) was overheard telling Tommy,  "don't!  that's her toy,  let her play with it!"  I couldn't have said it better myself-  I think I have said that myself! 

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't the SAME have been said of you and your up-bringing?
    This is so cute. :) Looks like Ben may be a dr. someday ...
    Oh - and I'm very glad that she's NEVER been alone. ;) That's a good place to be ... loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lucky girl to have 2 brothers who love her so much. :) They're all going to be so close! She will never be alone.

    ReplyDelete